[OSRM-talk] Adding street names, turn instructions etc. to GPX output

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:14:55 UTC 2013

Hey Phil,

the main reason was ease of implementation. There is not fundamental
reason that would hinder one implementing this. I am not sure though if
the GOX standard supports additional info beyond the geometry. BUT: The
GPX format is quite bloated (as all XML formats) in terms of
signal/noise ratio. Also, supporting multiple output formats (yes, GPX
is the neglected child, here) needs some more maintenance work than I
was willing to put into it at the time of coding.

Best,
Dennis