[OSRM-talk] Running several OSRM instances?

Hans Gregers Petersen gregers at septima.dk
Thu May 16 07:36:52 UTC 2013

Hi Emil, all,

We use apache with mod_proxy, and I make a setup prepared to use
balancers. Right now we have /car, /bicycle, etc and a default page on
the standard "/",  to avoid confusion and ensure that it is nice,
explicit and easy in the code to switch between engines. By preparing
to use balancers, I could in the future add another server
transparently to let several OSRM servers work on say car routing.

        # Proxy to the service behind it all
        <Proxy balancer://car>
                BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:5000 max=1 retry=5

                # ... More but ignorable stuff here ...