[OSRM-talk] Questions on OSRM normalized file format

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Nov 10 02:55:41 UTC 2013

OK, I have read most all the wiki pages and I'm not getting how the
restrictions are being defined. So a little help getting over the mind
block I seem to be having for this.

Everything else seems really straight forward, so I can't imagine that
the restrictions are all the complicated, but it is not clicking with
any confidence in my head yet.

If I have the following:

a----b-----c

ab, bc, and db are all two way
and there is no right turn from db to bc

Then is the restriction:

b, d, c, forbidden, 7F 00 00

where:

b is the via-node
d is the from-node
c is the to-node

and the records should then be sorted by EDGE[via-node, to-node] ref.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
   -Steve