[OSRM-talk] OSRM v0.3.9 release announcement

Dennis Luxen info at project-osrm.org
Tue Apr 29 15:06:30 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I am happy to announce the release of OSRM v0.3.9 [1], your favorite OpenStreetMap based routing engine. This is again a pretty big release with more than 170 commits (adding about 1500 LOCs). And it is the first release in a series to bring major improvements in memory usage. Depending on the size and location of the extract, you can expect 25--45% improvements.

This is the shortened change log:

- compress all road geometries (49% on the planet for cars)
- make all error messages JSON
- activated link time optimizations by default
- more test scenarios (25+)
- use forward decl's to cut compile times
- ongoing effort to make code more legible
- several lints fixed that were detected by facebooks flint
- several lints fixed that were detected by Coveritys static analyzer
- several lints fixed that were detected by OCLint
- remove remnants of C-Style
- add clang-format style file

As always, we are dog-fooding our releases and the code of v0.3.9 is already running on our demo site [2] for a couple of days now. Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this important milestone release!

--Dennis (on behalf of Team OSRM)

PS: Please note that this is going to be the last release using C++03. We are finally switching to C++11 with the next v0.4.0 release, which may require newer compilers (clang 3.3+ and gcc 4.7+) on user machines. The bleeding edge develop branch is already going to switch in a few days.

[1] https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/releases/tag/v0.3.9
[2] http://map.project-osrm.org