[OSRM-talk] Foot profile

Dennis Luxen info at project-osrm.org
Tue Apr 29 17:30:40 UTC 2014

Mitch,

yes, it is quite easy to generate a shape file that contains the geometries of all ‚small‘ components that are badly connected. You would need to boot strap with tools enabled

cmake .. -DWITH_TOOLS=1

It requires libgdal to build. Then you run make to build the thing and subsequently the osrm-components tool  generates the shape file:

./osrm-components file.osrm file.osrm.restrictiins.

It will dump a components.shp file that highlights the errors. Note that we do this already for the road network in car routing. To get an idea, go to the demo site at http://osrm.at, zoom to z14+ and select the ‚small components‘ layer in the layer switcher. It will display bad pieces of road in purple.

—Dennis