[OSRM-talk] OSRM backend v0.4.3 release announcement

Dennis Luxen dennis at mapbox.com
Thu Aug 14 15:46:07 UTC 2014

Dear OSRM community,

I am excited to announce the release of OSRM v0.4.3 [1], your favorite OpenStreetMap based routing engine. We are moving at a fast pace and are combining nearly 193 commits (85 files changed, 4,157 additions and 2,276 deletions) this time. This release brings a number of exciting changes!

This is the shortened change log:

- Announcement of waypoints, closes #584
- U-Turns at Via nodes are now allowed (not yet visible in frontend)
- Extraction of road network roughly 10% faster than previous release
- No inconvient use of space in /tmp anymore
- Added a distinct tool to check if hsgr file is valid: osrm-check-hsgr
- Added more unit tests based on boost/test.
- Use multiple cores during sorting steps
- Windows port much more stable, builds with significantly less errors

- Fixed a rare segfault in path query
- Fixed a bug in turn restriction combination including overlaps and one-ways
- Fixed bug in osrm-components tool
- Added timings to a number of locations
- Added BUILD_TOOLS cmake flag, deprecated WITH_TOOLS
- Fixed selection of alternative route name
- Many, many bigger and smaller code changes

Potentially breaking changes:
- bumped minimum GCC version to 4.8
- the projects git repository has been moved [2]

Please note that the minimum supported GCC version is now 4.8. As always, we are dog-fooding our releases and the code of v0.4.3 is already running on our demo site [3] for several days without issues. The v0.4.x release series continues to focus on new features and significate efficiency improvements. Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this important milestone release!

Dennis (on behalf of Team OSRM)

[1] https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/releases/tag/v0.4.3
[2] https://github.com/Project-OSRM
[3] http://map.project-osrm.org