[OSRM-talk] Cannot find route between points

John Aherne jjaherne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:17:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Rodolphe Quiédeville <
rodolphe at quiedeville.org> wrote:

> John Aherne <jjaherne at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have searched the lists for info on this subject and have found some
> > references but nothing that pinpoints how to solve the problem.
> >
> > I have installed a copy of Project-OSRM on a Debian Wheezy 64bit and it
> > works fine. So thanks for a very useful project.
> >
> > However, I have 2 sets of coordinates which will not route - amongst
> others.
> >
> > I use the locate and nearest commands to try and find the nearest node
> on a
> > street.
> >
> > Nearest returns a street name and a new coordinate.
> >
> > I use the returned coordinates to find a route but still get 207 cannot
> > find route between points.
> >
> > I have also tried this via router.project-osrm.org and get the same 207
>
> Hi,
>
> I did the same but got a status ok,
>
> "
> http://router.project-osrm.org/viaroute?output=json&loc=51.53474981,-0.13522952&loc=51.50287419,-0.11924942
> "
>
> It's a little bit strange,
>

> > However, when I try my original coordinates on
> > http://map.project-osrm.org/the route is calculated and does what I
> > would expect.
> >
> > What I expect is that it draws a straight line through a set of buildings
> > to the nearest node on a street from where it can calculate a route.
> >
> > So my problem is what is the map doing that the route calculator is not
> > doing. And how can I replicate what the map is doing.
>
> It does the same, you can grab the url called with a tool like Firefox
> webdevelopper console.
>
> > Am I right that I should use the coordinates returned by the nearest
> > command as the base start and end for the routing calculation.
>
> Yes you're right.
>
> > Or is there some intermediate step I am missing.
> >
> > Any info on this would be very useful
> >
> > The coordinates I am using are:
> >
> > 51.53474981,-0.13522952
> >
> > 51.50287419,-0.11924942
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Rodolphe Quiédeville
> Expert Tsung - Consulting en performance des SI
> Tel : 06 13 79 63 41
> http://blog.rodolphe.quiedeville.org

Rodolphe

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried your suggestion using the webconsole.

I then mimiced the url used by the javascript adding on the zoom level and
instructions=true for good measure and rounded the coordinates to match.

I still get the same result - status 207

I was already trying zoom levels from 1 to 18 without any luck.

If the map is using the same routing engine then I am baffled.

Thanks

John