[OSRM-talk] Cannot find route between points

John Aherne jjaherne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 13:48:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Rodolphe Quiédeville <
rodolphe at quiedeville.org> wrote:

> John Aherne <jjaherne at gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
> >>
> > Rodolphe
> >
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> >
> > I tried your suggestion using the webconsole.
> >
> > I then mimiced the url used by the javascript adding on the zoom level
> and
> > instructions=true for good measure and rounded the coordinates to match.
> >
> > I still get the same result - status 207
> >
> > I was already trying zoom levels from 1 to 18 without any luck.
> >
> > If the map is using the same routing engine then I am baffled.
>
> It's really weird, how do you call the router ie with which tool ? Do
> you use a webrowser or a tool like curl or wget ? May be you can paste
> some logs off your shell console on a pastie to share with us, may be
> will find something.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Rodolphe Quiédeville
> Expert Tsung - Consulting en performance des SI
> Tel : 06 13 79 63 41
> http://blog.rodolphe.quiedeville.org

Thanks for responding.

I use a simple python script for this test.

import urllib2
from datetime import datetime
import json
import urllib

URL = '
http://router.project-osrm.org/viaroute?z=14&loc=51.502874,-0.119249&loc=51.534750,-0.135230&instructions=true
'
req = urllib2.Request(URL)
try:
    response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
except Exception, e:
    print 'Error', str(e)
    print 'Error msg', e.msg
    print 'Error hdrs', e.hdrs
    print 'Error fp', e.fp
res = response.read()
print 'the res', res
my_data = json.loads(res)
for item in my_data:
    print 'ITEM',item, my_data[item],'\r\n'

I can send a wireshark capture of the actual wire data if anyone thinks it
is useful.

But the python call is about as simple as it can get.

Thanks

John