[OSRM-talk] Beginner question: default car profile and tracktype/smoothness/surface

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 02:04:59 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I've been using OSRM for a while because it's an excellent system,
excellently responsive and the routes are really good quality. But
I've always wondered if there are any plans taking surface
type/quality into account in the default profiles. I live in a
developing country (Brazil) with poorly maintained roads and these
conditions make a big difference at the beginning and at the end of
many routes if ignored.

--
Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)