[OSRM-talk] Multiple profiles

Cédric NOËL cedric.noel at actimage.com
Wed Jul 9 12:42:16 UTC 2014

Hi There,

We are working on a project that includes the great OSRM !

We need to provide to our user the ability to avoid or not motorways. We
knows that it is not supported at the moment
(https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/issues/656 )

We think that we can do it with different lua profiles (As for the bike
profile we hope that motorways are skipped ;-)).

Then with these different profiles, we are able to generates extracts from
OSM files and we can launch two OSRM services :

./osrm-routed map.osrm -t 1 -p 5000

./osrm-routed map_motorways_banned.osrm -t 1 -p 5001

Am I right ? Is there another way to do it ?

If that is the only solution, we face that problems :

-              We do not really understand how lua profiles are managed /
what we can change to do it

-              Do we have to do some queries as done in this article :
https://www.mapbox.com/blog/osrm-using-external-data/ ?

Can we find some documentation / tutorials about ?

Thanks for your help !

Cédric NOËL | Technical Project Manager | ACTIMAGE Consulting SAS    *
Business Unit : 1 rue Saint-Léon F-67000 STRASBOURG    *  Siège social : 15,
rue du Louvre F-75001 PARIS