[OSRM-talk] Windows support in develop branch

Dennis Luxen info at project-osrm.org
Wed Jun 11 14:48:46 UTC 2014

Dear OSRM community,

I am excited to announce that OSRM has native Windows support now in develop branch since earlier today. The amazing work of Alexei Kasatkin (@Alex85k on github) has resulted in a string of verified and reviewed pull request that give us native Windows support. This feature has been requested a couple of times and now we are proud to have it with a minimum compiler requirement of MSVC 2013. The express version works too.

Please note that the Microsoft compiler exhibit a somewhat different behavior when it comes to memory alignment and that running OSRM on Windows uses more memory than on Linux or OS X. While building yourself is a bit complicated and we are still working to update build instructions, we are already publishing the most recent build artifacts of the develop branch at http://build.project-osrm.org.

We invite the community to try the Windows port and help us collect your experience doing so.

Best regards,
Dennis on behalf of Team OSRM

PS. Looking forward to meet community members at SOTM-EU late this week.