[OSRM-talk] Beginner question: default car profile and tracktype/smoothness/surface

Michal Palenik michal.palenik at freemap.sk
Mon Mar 17 18:32:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 01:57:23PM -0300, Fernando Trebien wrote:
> Hm I don't know of a place to go to obtain this information.

me neither.

anyway, last month we had a legislation change which basically says that
highway=tertiary now has hgv=destination tag (instead of hgv=yes) so
I would be much willing to have these default/implicit tags on per
region basis.

we probably have landuse=residential => maxspeed=50 (?)

> But I don't
> think we can easily implement different interpretations of the tags on
> a per-country basis.

in postgis/anyspatialdatabase, this would be fairly easy (except for
filling in the data by crowdsourcing).

looking at
https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/blob/master/profiles/examples/postgis.lua
it is probably connectable.