[OSRM-talk] Foot profile

Emmanuel Bégué medusis at gmail.com
Sat May 3 10:23:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:

> That's an old unmaintained one which really should be removed.
> Please try one of those two:
>
> https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/foot-city.lua
> https://github.com/sosm/cbf-routing-profiles/blob/master/foot-hiking.lua
>
> They work fine against OSRM versions 0.3.3 - 0.3.9.

Ok, many thanks for your answer; I followed your instructions and was
able to use those profiles! So that's great, and thank you again. ;-)

Unfortunately the initial problem isn't solved; some points in Paris
(lots of them) are apparently non-navigable by foot -- many times, for
instance, at the center of roundabouts (but not only, and not always).

It's quite strange since when one asks to navigate to/from the middle
of the river, or the center of a building, or the middle of a highway,
a path is found that goes to the nearest accessible point.

So it seems, in principle, a path should always be found? What makes
pathfinding fail in some cases?

I'm using the most recent data published by geofabrik two days ago,
and upgraded Project-OSRM to 3.9.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this: would it help to run
osrm in debug mode?

Any other idea?

Thanks,
Regards,