[OSRM-talk] Foot profile

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:26:11 UTC 2014

> Am 03/mag/2014 um 15:00 schrieb Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de>:
>
> you can exclude all ways with area=yes from routing. Simply add something
> like this in way_function() of your profile:
>
> if way.tags:Find('area') ~= '' then
>    return 0
> end
>
> But this might do more harm than good.

+1, I wouldn't exclude pedestrian areas from routing. They should of course be connected, many situations would become islands if routing on areas is off.

One issue that currently is yet to solve afaik are pedestrian areas defined by multipolygons, their ways should also be integrated into the graph

cheers,
Martin