[OSRM-talk] OSRM v0.4.0 released
dennis at mapbox.com
Mon May 12 12:52:35 UTC 2014
I am happy to announce the release of OSRM v0.4 , your favorite OpenStreetMap based routing engine. This release comes just 5 days after we pushed out v0.3.10. It is the first one using C++11 language features. We took this opportunity to go through the code base to make it more a little more legible while also modernizing and reformatting the source where appropriate.
Again a pretty big release with more than 150 commits and this is the shortened change log:
- modernized code base to use C++11 language features
- decluttered the code base touching virtually every line of code
- cut down on static analyzer warnings
- much better linking performance on GCC 4.9
- fixed extraction on 32 bit systems (while officially unsupported)
As always, we are dog-fooding our releases and the essential code of v0.4 is already running on our demo site  since Friday. Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this important milestone release!
--Dennis (on behalf of Team OSRM)
PS: Please note that we switched to C++11. This may require newer compilers than previously as we target clang 3.3+ and gcc 4.7+.
More information about the OSRM-talk