[OSRM-talk] OSRM v0.4.0 released

Dennis Luxen dennis at mapbox.com
Mon May 12 12:52:35 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I am happy to announce the release of OSRM v0.4 [1], your favorite OpenStreetMap based routing engine. This release comes just 5 days after we pushed out v0.3.10. It is the first one using C++11 language features. We took this opportunity to go through the code base to make it more a little more legible while also modernizing and reformatting the source where appropriate.

Again a pretty big release with more than 150 commits and this is the shortened change log:

- modernized code base to use C++11 language features
- decluttered the code base touching virtually every line of code
- cut down on static analyzer warnings
- much better linking performance on GCC 4.9
- fixed extraction on 32 bit systems (while officially unsupported)

As always, we are dog-fooding our releases and the essential code of v0.4 is already running on our demo site [2] since Friday. Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this important milestone release!

--Dennis (on behalf of Team OSRM)

PS: Please note that we switched to C++11. This may require newer compilers than previously as we target clang 3.3+ and gcc 4.7+.

[1] https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/releases/tag/v0.4.0
[2] http://map.project-osrm.org