[OSRM-talk] Preferring motorways for a route

John Aherne jjaherne at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:57:43 UTC 2014

Emil

Thanks for the detail on car.lua.

That is very helpful.

I am not very knowledgeable on linux, especially on developing stuff, so
bear with me.

I have already built an instance of osrm-route and have it running on
debian-wheezy and Ubuntu 12.0.4.

I followed the instructions in building and compiling osrm so everything
landed up in Project-osrm, with build as the place to run make from.

The 4 extra files generated by prepare ended up in Project-osrm.

So I naively think I could replicate my Project-osrm directory structure
and just run

./osrm-prepare map.osrm

from its new location and create a new set of files for motorway preference.

That way I keep my existing instance intact doing the standard shortest path.

But I am not sure about the cmake and make.

Just having copied the directory structure,  will make still be
looking at its original directories for locations to create and store
data thereby overwriting the data I want to keep.

Hopefully, someone can put me straight on this and I can proceed to
change my car.lua and generate my new instance.

Thanks and best wishes

John Aherne