[OSRM-talk] Using OSRM linked into other code?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Nov 7 17:17:41 UTC 2014

Per,

Thank your for responding. We are also doing the HTTP requests, but the
performance is killing us. So just a quick update on what I have found
out so far:

time GET 'http://localhost:5000/viaroute?...'

takes about 500 ms on my system.

time ./simpleclient --sharedmemory

takes about 44 ms with all the default options in the code turned on
takes about 22 ms with all the options turned off

And these numbers are based on still returning json output and parsing that.

So if it were possible to turn simpleclient into object with a few
simple options we could get something close to the performance
improvement above.

And if we can untangle the json encoding and parse and just pass back
raw data we would probably see some additional improvement over those
numbers.

This seems like a worthy path to follow, hence my request for some help
or pointers untangling json encoding and parsing.

Thanks,
   -Steve