[OSRM-talk] Using OSRM linked into other code?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Nov 15 14:28:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

As a follow up to this, I wanted to report some progress.

Using Tools/simpleclient.cpp as a model, it was pretty easy to create a
class that mimic that code for our limited needs. We connect via shared
memory and we are able to get response times from viaroute requests of
11-20 ms where they used to be about 500 ms.

And this is still passing json documents in the response so some of this
time is spend encoding and decoding the json.

If you need to do something similar, I recommend looking at
Tools/simpleclient.cpp and then wrapping those ideas into a class as you
require.

Thank you everyone that offered ideas and suggests.

-Steve