[OSRM-talk] 0.3.8 -> 0.4.3 geometry changes / nearest road miss

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Sep 12 08:55:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

i am seeing interesting issues with 0.4.3 - I used to calculate routes
with 0.3.8 and the route was always exactly returning the OSM geometry/nodes.

No i am seeing what seems to be rounding/nearest street match errors.

A small image i created with QGis with a OSM WMS below created routes.

You see approx. 100 routes above each other. Every "house" starts it own
route. You can now see that the nearest road is not matched exactly
but rather "nearly". I havent seen something like this with osrm 0.3.8.

http://silicon-verl.de/home/flo/tmp/example-geometry-osrm-0.4.3.jpg

The orange lines with the arrows on there are LINESTRING from the route_geometry
which i put into a postgis. The smaller blue lines are the connection
between the starting point of the route and the first point returned
in the route_geometry produced by

	ST_MakeLine(ST_StartPoint(geometry),a.position)

Another thing is that i can not explain the North<->South route on the left
side which misses the road completely until the next junction.

Flo