[OSRM-talk] Can hints be used to identify a common segment?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Apr 21 13:33:44 UTC 2015

Hi Fernando,

Thank you that is a useful observation but my problem is a little
different. I have many positions and I would like to determine those
that lie on the same segment so that I can group them together.

If I remember correctly the hint is a base64 encoded pointer to the edge
plus something like and offset along the edge. I could be useful to take
advantage of this information to group and order locations along a path.

I'll see if I can figure it out from the source code.

-Steve