[OSRM-talk] Map-Matching geometry

Matthias Schwamborn schwamborn at informatik.uos.de
Thu Aug 6 14:12:00 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm wondering how the geometry returned by the map-matching algorithm is
computed. I compared it to the geometry of viaroute when

1. requesting a route for each consecutive pair of points in the
(map-matching output) trip.

2. requesting a route for the whole trip with via points.

The geometry matched with neither 1 nor 2. I'm trying to fill the gaps
of the map-matching result with optimal routes in between and was set on
using the 'geometry' parameter of the 'match' service but now I'm unsure
whether that's what I really want. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Schwamborn

University of Osnabrück         Tel.:   +49-541-969-7167
Institute of Computer Science   Fax:    +49-541-969-2799
Albrechtstr. 28                 E-mail: schwamborn at informatik.uos.de
D-49076 Osnabrück, Germany      http://cs.uos.de/schwamborn/