[OSRM-talk] Shortest route given start and end point

Kieran Caplice kieran.caplice at temetra.com
Wed Dec 9 10:38:28 UTC 2015

Hello,

At the moment we're using the MapQuest Optimize Route API
(http://www.mapquestapi.com/directions/#optimized), which given a list
of points, computes the shortest route, using the first point as the
start and the last point as the end. This is the exactly the
functionality we're looking for, but MapQuest is quite expensive, slow,
and doesn't support large batches (we need to support a couple of
thousand points).

 From what I've been told, OSRM doesn't support this - it only supports
travelling salesman (trip), using the same start and end point, or
viaroute, which doesn't do any optimisation. I'm wondering how
easy/possible would it be to implement in OSRM, or is there any pre/post
processing that we can do to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Kieran Caplice