[OSRM-talk] OSRM - cannot read JSON responce

sergi_jini s.jishkariani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 07:16:57 UTC 2015

Dears,

Firstly, thanks to all contributors of OSM!

I have setup OSRM engine on CentOS VM (
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki) and if I query it via
browser directly it is working fine, returning route.json file.

My problem is that I can't get it working via Javascript. Getting below
error if i query it from my website:

var resultJSON = {};

$.ajax({
    dataType: "json",
    async: false,
    cache: true,
    url: '
http://192.168.137.50:5000/viaroute?geometry=true&loc=42.25899995,42.667269338144&loc=42.2695544,42.7017228
'
    success: function(data) {
    resultJSON = data;
    }
});

*Error:*

*"Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading
the remote resource at
http://192.168.137.50:5000/viaroute?geometry=true&loc=42.25899995,42.667269338144&loc=42.2695544,42.7017228
<http://192.168.137.50:5000/viaroute?geometry=true&loc=42.25899995,42.667269338144&loc=42.2695544,42.7017228>.
(Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing)."*
As stated in APi manual, jsonp={callback name} must be added to request
URL, which is not helping either. Tried different variations with jsonp,
cache (which is adding extra _ parameter to the URL), getJson method,
crossdomain : true ...Thinking to read the json on server side via PHP*
file_get_contents* and then send it to front end via json, but can't get it
working either. I believe there must be more smooth way as it is mentioned
in the API manuals.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with a working code.

Br,
Sergi