[OSRM-talk] (no subject)

Patrick Niklaus patrick.niklaus at student.kit.edu
Thu Feb 12 11:13:55 UTC 2015

Sorry but I'm a little bit new with Javascript environment.

If you have questions about the JavaScript basics
http://eloquentjavascript.net/ is a very good (free) introduction book.

> I see that the first link you sent me is contained in a full-working
project. In order to use the functionalities of the .js file, do I have to
include the whole project in some way, or can I re-use the single file on
my side without any extra-dependencies?

LRM is not that modular. But the files gives a good example of how to query
an OSRM server.

LRM is a frontend for OSRM, e.g. it provides the "searchbar" and displays
the resulting route with turn instructions on a map. In oder to do so, it
of course needs to send a query to the OSRM server.