[OSRM-talk] Route Optimizing

Hans Gregers Petersen gregers at septima.dk
Mon Jul 6 13:54:59 UTC 2015

Hi Jonas,

> Are there any ambitions to create something like an optimization for route stops?
> And when not do you know any other way to do this via rest request?

If you are thinking of the TSP -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem - then it is
a simple problem of "I need to visit X places after each other, please
optimize the order to visit those places in". The solution is
well-described in the WikiPedia link. You can write a little
JavaScript, Python or whatever - and optimize on either distance or
time. It is fairly simple, and all you use OSRM for is getting the
costs. If you want as few calls to the OSRM-server as possible, then
have a look at the "table"-service  (
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/Server-api#available-services
)

Best regards,