[OSRM-talk] osrm-extract hangs on osmosis updated germany file

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Jun 29 17:57:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 07:15:21PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 07:31:39PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i am regularly (every 4 hours or so) generating a new germany file with
> > osmosis from planet diff (updating + cutting) and then convert it
> > with the default car profile.
> >
> > Now i switched from 0.3.9 to git current and
> > osrm-extract now hangs, or takes infinite time.
> >
> > For testing i used a germany file from download.geofabrik.de which
> > worked. Convert took 663.46s.
> >
> > Now i used my file again and it is running for >2 hours at the same
> > file size.
>
> > [extractor] Sorting edges by renumbered start ... ok, after 16.5565s
> >

> I found the live-lock of the osrm-extract - Its caused by commit
>
>              break;
>          }
> +        // skip invalid edges
> +        if (all_edges_list[i].result.target == SPECIAL_NODEID)
> +        {

After adding an i++; here

> +            continue;
> +        }

I get segfault in osrm-prepare with that file:

[info] Input file: germany.osrm
[info] Restrictions file: germany.osrm.restrictions
[info] Profile: profile.lua
[info] Threads: 8
[info] Generating edge-expanded graph representation
[info]  - 82673 restrictions.
[info] Importing n = 21965574 nodes
[info]  - 44850 bollard nodes, 81913 traffic lights
[info]  and 23226747 edges
[info] Graph loaded ok and has 23226747 edges
[info] Removing graph geometry while preserving topology
Segmentation fault

Going back to 0.3.9

*grmpf*

Flo
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!