[OSRM-talk] Use another data source than OSM

Mohammed Ayoub NEGGAZ am_neggaz at esi.dz
Thu May 21 15:47:52 UTC 2015

Hello Wieser,

The extractor used the osmium library which can only handle osm files.
Therefore, you need to either :

1. Create your own parser that should generates 4 files (.osrm,
.osrm.nodes, .osrm.names, .osrm.timestamp*) from the input document you got
(you have the option to not use a profile file if your datatype contain
weights or speed limits of each road segment aswell as restrictions).

2. Convert your datatype to OSM 0.6 (XML/PBF or other), I think there are
too many tools that can do this, ArcGIS can, I guess, import export from
the most commonly used geographical data.

* I can send you details information about the structure of these files as
well as datatypes  and methods to write/read them.

I hope this answer help you.

Good luck.
Best regards,