[OSRM-talk] Use another data source than OSM

Fri May 22 10:20:22 UTC 2015

Patrick Niklaus wrote:
> I think cycle.travel runs on data from Ordnance Survy. So it is
> absolutely doable, but I don't think you will find any importers
> (targeting OSRM) for commercial data sources as OpenSource. (most
> providers require you to sign a NDA before you are allowed to even
> look at the documentation...).

cycle.travel runs on OSM data, but it's augmented with supplementary
data from Ordnance Survey and other sources. I use a little homegrown
tool to add extra tags to the ways in the OSM .pbf:
	https://github.com/systemed/tagmangle

Romain - I'd suggest you start by creating a small .osm file with an
extract of your converted data (say, a town or county) and running OSRM
over that. As Patrick says, there are a few gotchas with connectivity
and tags. Once you're happy with that, you can rewrite your tool to
create a .pbf.

cheers
Richard