[OSRM-talk] Some OSRM Match questions

Artur Bialecki abialecki at intellimec.com
Tue Nov 10 21:01:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm new to OSRM and I have few question regarding the map matching API.
I'm using version v4.8.1.

If I have a trip with 1000 locations, what are the implications of setting
-max-matching-size option of osrm-routed as oppose to splitting the trip
into 10 requests with 100 locations each and stitching together the responses?
Which is the recommended way?

The match API takes locations and optional timestamps for each location.
Are the timestamps used as part of the Hidden-Markov-Model algorithm?
Is the match quality or performance affected when using the timestamps?

In my response to a match query I'm getting hint_data.
The API documentation does not mention this. Is hint_data usable for match
requests? If so how? If not, now do I turn it off?

Is there a way to turn off logging of requests by osrm-routed, other than sending them to /dev/null?

Is there any documentation on using profile.lua?

Thank you.

Artur Bialecki.

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform us immediately and delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.