[OSRM-talk] Using custom data

Matthias Loeks matthias at loeks.net
Fri Oct 16 05:39:14 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik,

thanks that's a good point indeed.

I guess I did not mean "noding" in a strict sense which also creates nodes
at bridge intersections etc, but rather the "simple" noding that Daniel
described.

However, probably there could also be nodes in OSM at the same coordinate
but on different floors which must not be handled as the same node.
I will try to handle these cases correctly based on the topological
information from my input data.

Still, the naive approach might be unstable and error-prone. It's just for
demonstrating a proof of concept though, so it should be fine for that.

Thanks for pointing me to this issue and all the best,
Matthias