[OSRM-talk] osrm extract on a osm file created using a using BBox query

Luc Van Linden luc.vanlinden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:12:45 UTC 2015

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. We used a new BBquery this time using osmosis.
With JOSM we can check dat this export is actually following the approach
you suggested.

The extract is ok now.

It is the prepare that is failing.

[info] Input file: Oudenaarde_BB.osrm←[0m
[info] Restrictions file: Oudenaarde_BB.osrm.restrictions←[0m
[info] Profile: profile.lua←[0m
[info] Threads: 4←[0m
[info] Generating edge-expanded graph representation←[0m
[info]  - 13 restrictions.←[0m
[info] Importing n = 39160 nodes ←[0m
[info]  - 3 bollard nodes, 6 traffic lights←[0m
[info]  and 40510 edges ←[0m
[info] Graph loaded ok and has 40510 edges←[0m

Then a windows box says the osrm.prepare has stopped working.

The JOSM tools mentioned that a couple of relations are incomplete:

1 restriction and a series of routes.

using

use_turn_restrictions           = false
or
use_turn_restrictions           = true

in the profile does not make any difference the extract works in both cases
the prepare fails as described above.

Now for the time being there is no need to spent to much time on this
subject as the standard profile.lua extract/prepare/run works fine and fast
even on the full Belgian country.

We ran into this issue as we read a lot to take an extract to test
profiling.

Btw we tested this on the windows build from july and august.

We will try the latest.

Our major concern and issues we currently are facing is to get a better
understanding on the profile.lua config.
As written in our other post, we would like to understand to actually limit
the graph as such, by exmplae performing teh extract/prepare/run work for
only railwaylines as a test case.

Thanks again.

Luc