[OSRM-talk] 'penalty' for snapping

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Tue Apr 19 22:00:55 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

Your idea is pretty much what I used for my travel time map:
http://stvno.github.io/page/bartholomap/ though N was easier to
determine: nearest non-stop airport, nearest one stop airport etc.
For overland speed: I like the wiggle factor Bjorn was suggesting,
however it supposes we know the landuse, which as far as I know OSRM
doesn't take into account
For N if we can have a default of 4 on separate roads that would
probably help a lot already without too high a cost. (separate roads
being at least one fork in the road away) Does that sound reasonable?

I guess the strategy to determine the N points could be made
configurable, different use cases require different strategies I'd say.

Steven