[OSRM-talk] Running on Windows

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Wed Apr 27 16:38:59 UTC 2016

> Then I would copy the data files from my ubuntu system and run it up and
see what happens.

This won't work. Data dumps are not portable. Please read this ticket and
the tickets referenced in it:

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2242

Wilhelm Berg automatically builds OSRM binaries with scripts at:

https://github.com/mapbox/windows-builds
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L32-L42

You can find the binaries at:

http://build.project-osrm.org

Unfortunately, there are no Windows binaries for v5 yet (they will follow
in the next days to weeks probably).
As far as I can remember, Wilhelm Berg is not on this mailinglist.
If you want to build v5 for Windows from source I would recommend opening
an issue over at

https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues

and then /cc @BergWerkGIS

Cheers,