[OSRM-talk] About Indoor Routing

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Tue Feb 16 03:55:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

  While it can work in theory, OSRM is missing some of the indoor-specific guidance that you will need for changing levels, like "take the stairs" and "take the elevator to the Nth floor".  We are working on a big refactor at the moment that might improve this, but I don't know if anyone has put a lot of thought into it at the moment.

  The first thing to do would be to give it a go and see if the results are acceptable.  Add the ways you need to OSM, then use the foot.lua profile and make sure the indoor tags are included in the routing graph.

daniel