[OSRM-talk] RunQuery Output

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Tue Feb 16 16:51:59 UTC 2016

Hi James,

  No, not really.  Algorithmically, most of the hard work is done during `osrm-extract` and `osrm-prepare`, and these aren't algorithms that are particular conducive to GPU acceleration.

  When you make a query, it usually takes a few milliseconds to find the nearest neighbor (snap your lat/lon to the road network), then a few microseconds to find the route and construct the response.

  If you're doing lots of route requests, you should be thinking about parallelization - each route request can run on a separate CPU core.

daniel