[OSRM-talk] OSRM for Mobile Apps

Bharath Mg mgbharath at ymail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:20:58 UTC 2016

Hey Guys,
First of all, a big thanks to all the OSRM contributors for making this routing engine super awesome!
I'm trying to use/develop offline routing for mobile applications. I've used OSRM for my web services and it has worked really well. So I was wondering if I could use OSRM for Android/ iOS. As the code base is written in C++, I believe there is no way to use it inside Android/ iOS (only C code can be bundled). Does anyone here have experience using offline routing inside mobile apps?  Or,  Will I be able to port a part of the OSRM code which handles offline routing to Golang (which I can build into AAR for Android) ?
Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks a lot for your time :) Regards,
Bharath MG,
http://www.bharathmg.com