[OSRM-talk] How to calculate distance (in meters) between two points using API

neeraj saxena neerajsaxena272 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 18 04:28:15 UTC 2016

Hi,
I recently started using OSRM API to retreive distance between two points.I had 376 points as an input.So my resulting matrix came as 376-by-376 matrix.
Upon reading the website, I got to kno that the distance value actually corresponds to travel time in one-tenth of a second.
I have two questions now:1. Is this fact that I just mentioned right?2. I was more interested in evaluating the actual distance (based on the route in meters or kilometers) between points

Can you please guide me how to accomplish that.I need to show some results immediately to my supervisor.Would greatly appreciate any assistance :)
 Thanks & Regards

Neeraj Saxena

Research Student
rCITI (Research Centre for Integrated Transport Innovation)
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES AUSTRALIA | UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
T +61  (4) 8120 7876  | E n.saxena at student.unsw.edu.au
ABN 57 195 873 179 | CRICOS provider Code 00098G