[OSRM-talk] OSRM useable for blind and visually impaired people?

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Tue May 31 17:33:39 UTC 2016

Hi Simon,

  OSRM is a back-end service - you give it a couple of coordinates, and it will give you the route from A->B as a blob of structured data in JSON format.

  We provide a demo server and web interface for testing, but both are for testing/integration purposes only - we don't guarantee that they'll be up and working, and we test our latest code on the server constantly, so it might suddenly change.

  OSRM certainly could be integrated with an app or web-site that's specifically designed for visually impaired folks, but that's a bit beyond the scope of OSRM itself.