[OSRM-talk] Erratic route(s) being returned via router.project-osrm.org

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Wed Oct 26 14:03:24 UTC 2016

There's currently a bug in the latest code that's stopping us from updating to the latest OSM planet.
The demo server is currently serving up routes for California only, and when you supply coordinates, OSRM finds the nearest road as the start point, even if it's from Africa to California.
(we do this so that you can get a route if you drop a marker a long distance off a coastline, say, in the middle of the atlantic).

daniel