[OSRM-talk] Running on windows

Mark Hagers mark at marksman-do.nl
Mon Oct 31 15:26:21 UTC 2016

Hi all,

What's the latest news on running osrm on Windows? Is there any documentation on how to run it on Windows, I've searched extensively, without finding much (apart from this page: https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/Windows-Compilation.
I would prefer to run on unix/linux, but that will probably not be possible in production, so the windows build may be my only option there.

I downloaded the latest build from this page: http://build.project-osrm.org
I could not find any info on how to install the binaries, so I just unzipped the build.zip file into a directory on my hard drive.
When I try to run osrm-expand on the file: http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/netherlands-latest.osm.pbf
it crashes after two seconds (reproducible).
The same file can be expanded without problems on OSX (where I have osrm installed through homebrew).
The Win box has a full install of VS 2015 enterprise.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

best regards,

Mark Hagers <mark at marksman-do.nl>