[OSRM-talk] Running on windows

Surya Suluh surya at productivityapex.com
Mon Oct 31 18:47:17 UTC 2016

Mark,

I was able to process and run netherland latest using latest build on my
windows box (Windows 10 build 14393.351).  Only thing I can recommend is to
make sure:
1. You have vc++ 2015 redist update 3 install.
2. You have c:\temp\ directory.  (This is the default of .stxxl.txt, you
can change this to whatever folder you want by editing that file.)
3. Run osrm-extract.exe -p car.lua netherland-latest.osm.pbf
4. Run osrm-contract.exe netherland-latest.osrm
5. Run osrm-routed.exe netherland-latest.osrm

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Daniel Hofmann <hofmann at mapbox.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the core dev team runs on Linux on macOS - Windows is not
> on top of our list.
>
> If you see hard crashes which you can reproduce, feel free to open a
> ticket in the osrm-backend Github repository and provide us with as much
> details as possible.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel J H
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Mark Hagers <mark at marksman-do.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What's the latest news on running osrm on Windows? Is there any
>> documentation on how to run it on Windows, I've searched extensively,
>> without finding much (apart from this page:
>> https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/Windows-Compilation.
>> I would prefer to run on unix/linux, but that will probably not be
>> possible in production, so the windows build may be my only option there.
>>
>> I downloaded the latest build from this page:
>> http://build.project-osrm.org
>> I could not find any info on how to install the binaries, so I just
>> unzipped the build.zip file into a directory on my hard drive.
>> When I try to run osrm-expand on the file: http://download.geofabri
>> k.de/europe/netherlands-latest.osm.pbf
>> it crashes after two seconds (reproducible).
>> The same file can be expanded without problems on OSX (where I have osrm
>> installed through homebrew).
>> The Win box has a full install of VS 2015 enterprise.
>>
>> any pointers would be greatly appreciated
>>
>> best regards,
>>

>> Mark Hagers <mark at marksman-do.nl>

Surya Suluh
Sr. Software Engineer