[OSRM-talk] Building OSRM undefined reference to 'tbb::empty_task::~empty_task()

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Wed Sep 7 22:00:19 UTC 2016

Jim,

  Looks like GCC Link-Time-Optimization isn't working on Jessie's GCC 4.9.2.  Try re-building with:

    cd build
    make clean
    cmake -DENABLE_LTO=OFF ..
    make

  and see if that fixes it for you. I get a clean compile on my Docker image.  If that corrects the issue, then we can add the instructions to the Wiki.  We already detect broken LTO support in GCC < 4.9.0, but maybe 4.9.2 is also broken.....

daniel