[OSRM-talk] Worldwide coverage of Osmose-QA

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:43:35 UTC 2016

Le 02/08/2016 à 11:26, Daniel Hofmann a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Frédéric Rodrigo
> <fred.rodrigo at gmail.com <mailto:fred.rodrigo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le 31/07/2016 à 21:34, Daniel Hofmann a écrit :
>

>         - Multiple lane markers on the same lane as in left;left|right
>         (ref. https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/pull/2697)
>         - you probably have to check this in detail as in: are there
>         situations and/or countries where it makes sense to have
>         multiple times _the same_ lane marker on a single lane.
>
>     What means "left;left|right" ? And what can be wrong with this ?
>

> left;left|right means you have two lanes, the leftmost lane has two
> arrows to the left (does this make sense at all? always mis-tagging?),
> the rightmost lane has one arrow to the right.
> Example for this tagging scheme:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes#Motorway
>
>         - Lane access tag values not matching turn lane tag values.
>
>     We do not already make inter lanes tag check yet, but make sense.
>
>         - Impossible or strange lane configurations such as the left
>         most lane turning to the right crossing straight/none lanes
>         (in right-sided driving countries).
>
>     This one, at least, look easy.

I completely rewrite the checks about lanes. Now it does not suppose any
thing and use lanes=[0-9] or other lane tags to extract the number of
lanes. It take me a while to do, especial to adjust the checks on
worldwide data.
- Bad lanes value : lanes=* is not an integer
- Conflict between usage of *:lanes or *:lanes:(forward|backward|both_ways)
- Conflict between lanes number, mismatch of total lanes number and
suffixed values (eg lanes:forward)
- Invalid usage of *:lanes:(backward|both_ways) on oneway highway
- Unknown turn lanes value
- Bad turn lanes order : eg turn right on left side...
- Conflict between lanes number of same suffix ('', forward, backward or
both_ways), eg turn lanes mismatch destinations lanes
- Bad access lanes value, should not be an integer but a restriction :
confusion between tags for restriction and lane number
- Turn lanes merge_to_* need an aside lane on good side : eg
merge_to_right need to be on the left side of the road

The map:
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/#item=3160&class=31600%2C31601%2C31603%2C31604%2C31605%2C31604%2C31605%2C31606%2C31607%2C31608%2C31609&zoom=14&lat=51.53013&lon=-0.14944

The issues list:
http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/en/errors/?item=3160&class=31600,31601,31603,31604,31605,31604,31605,31606,31607,31608,31609

The code:
https://github.com/osm-fr/osmose-backend/blob/master/plugins/Highway_Lanes.py

Plus and other check about "Bad lanes number or lanes:turn before and
after this node". Check around a way with turn lanes tags if the content
of the tag match the topology and the other turn lanes tags (this one is
the tedious one to setup ;) )

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/#item=3160&class=1&zoom=10&lat=32.757&lon=-96.834

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/en/errors/?item=3160&class=1

https://github.com/osm-fr/osmose-backend/blob/master/analysers/analyser_osmosis_highway_turn_lanes.py