[OSRM-talk] OSRM v5.10.0

Daniel Hofmann hofmann at mapbox.com
Mon Aug 7 15:05:32 UTC 2017

The v5.10 release comes with a major feature: via-way turn restrictions.
These turn restrictions occur in OpenStreetMap in the form of a restriction
relation <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction>: (fromWayId,
viaWayId, toWayId) and prevent multiple specific turns depending on the way
the driver is coming from and going to.

Below are some more notable changes. Please note that in the future we plan
to speed up the release process to push out stable and tested releases more
often.

Give it a try!

    osrm-extract berlin.osm.pbf
    osrm-partition berlin.osrm
    osrm-customize berlin.osrm
    osrm-routed --algorithm=MLD berlin.osrm

You can compile OSRM from source, use the pre-built binaries we ship with
node-osrm or use our Docker images. Always happy to hear your feedback!

Features:

   -  #2681 <https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/2681> - We
   now handle `(from, via, to)` way restrictions where `from`, `via` and `to`
   are ways in addition to `(from,via,to)` node restrictions we always
   handled. These turn restrictions prevent turns from a way via a specific
   way onto a way:

   - #4333 <https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/pull/4333> - We
   now handle Throughabouts
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout#Hamburger_roundabout.2Fthroughabout.2Fcut-through>:

   - Emil Tin <https://github.com/emiltin> did large-scale profile
   refactoring work: a new version 2 profile API was added which cleans up a
   number of things and makes it easier to for profiles to include each other.
   Profiles using the old version 0 and 1 APIs are still supported.

Full Changelog
<https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/5.10/CHANGELOG.md#5100>