[OSRM-talk] Use OSRM on rivers, railways, power lines

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:27:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Since there is not only roads but many other topological networks mapped on
OSM, I'm wondering how osrm may be usable on them.

Example : a power route used to establish a link between two substations
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6694740

I know pretty well how lua profiles are built, for cars, bike,
pedestrian... but is there any profile available for power or gas pipelines?
Let's say we have proper data, is the profile the only thing to change to
use osrm on pipelines or rivers exclusively ?

Many thanks for any answer regarding this question

François