[OSRM-talk] Access private roads in routing

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Mon Aug 28 15:41:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

  Unfortunately no - OSRM is designed to perform very fast route
calculation, at the expense of flexibility.  Whether private roads are
allowed is decided during the "pre-processing" step, and you cannot alter
that decision when you query a route.

  You would need to run your own OSRM server and modify the `car.lua`
profile to include the road classes you want.  The demo server at
router.project-osrm.org uses the default car.lua profile (which you can
find in the GitHub repository).

daniel