[OSRM-talk] (no subject)

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Tue Aug 29 20:55:28 UTC 2017

Hi Jason,

  Depends on what you want to achieve.  Travel modes are used for a couple
of things:

    1) For car routing, we primarily use two modes - normal, and ferry
mode.  This affects how the routing costs are calculated.
    2) For the bike profile, the modes end up in the instructions -
sometimes we suggest that you walk your bike.

  Do you need to actually announce mode changes to the user, or do you just
need to identify different modes in order to calculate routing costs?

daniel