[OSRM-talk] Travel duration not realistic

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:21:34 UTC 2017

Le 30/08/2017 à 12:35, Richard Saba a écrit :
> Thank You Frédéric for this interesting idea.
>
> I guess land usage is a database stored information by default ?
In my contrib code it's based on Corine Land Cover (European land use
database), but it exists for other region.
It also can be base on OSM land use. But there is no two levels of urban
density in OSM.

> Do you have any testing results that ensure duration is then close to reality or at least to Google Maps ?
Yes, we use it at Mapotempo for our customers (
https://www.mapotempo.com/en/ ) to compute many vehicles routes.

> Before i consider integrating your code, do You know which parameters are to check in the profiles in order to be sure that a MINIMUM realistic configuration is done ?
Check the result for your area. In the profile you can check the speed
table.

> In other words, knowing that my starting point is OSRM 5.3.0 with standard .lua profiles, is there any specific settings to check in order to be sure that all possible parameters are taken into account ( penalties, road lanes, etc..)
It changes the speed of the default OSRM profile. Everything else stay
the same.

Regards.