[OSRM-talk] Current server requirements for planet

Steven Ottens steven at minst.net
Wed Jul 5 13:25:41 UTC 2017

Hey Keiran,

I'm working with OSRM on a 6core (12 threads) 32GB RAM machine and I
can't import the entire planet.osm.pbf but it has no problems doing all
the continents individually. As such I would say 32GB RAM is too little.
I'm also wondering what the specs are other people are using and whether
or not upgrading to 64GB would be enough to import and run a planet file.

I only have one user (me) so I can't really comment on concurrent
performance.

Steven