[OSRM-talk] Newbie question : alternative modes

Ricardo Pereira ricardo.pereira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:41:59 UTC 2017

Good morning.
I'm new to OSRM and would be thankful if someone could direct me to the
right approach/documentation to achieve the following:

On top of the normal OSM data supporting "road" traffic, I'd like to also
include waterway graphs, that would allow OSRM to also calculate routes for
another type of vehicle (e.g. boat).
I would expect to provide a "waterway" graph with the same type of
variables as a road, just as maximum speed, etc, but would expected that it
was reserved vehicles of the "boat" type, so that those ways would be used
only with the right profile.

Please notice also, that my preference would be to add the rivers to normal
road data, not have a separate instance "pretending rivers to be roads".

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo